Thursday, March 31, 2005

Got Gravatar?

If you're like me you're a regular user of many forums and an inactive user on a lot more forums. And for many of those forums, you've had to find your fav. avatar, resize it to some arbitrary size and upload it.
I've thougt to myself, "this sucks! I'm constantly doing this, why isn't there an avatar service?"
Now, I'm hoping, there is such a service up and running and its called Gravatar (for gravitationally rad avatar, or Globally Recognized Avatar). With this service you just register your e-mail and associate an image to it, gravatar does all the rest.
Of course, sites must support Gravatar for your image to be displayed and thats where we come in, the more registered users this nifty service has the more sites, forums and other systems will support it. Right now haloscan comment system is implementing Gravatars in their comments and I'm pretty sure well be seeing a lot more of it in the future.
If you like to try it out, just upload your picture at Gravatar.com (it has to be approved) and leave a comment on my blog. Simple as that!

No comments: